- 12 large scallops (I used previously frozen scallops from Sams Club)
- 1-1/2 SYD Chicken Rub
- ¼ cup your fav barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 12 slices of cooked beef to wrap the scallops
- Preheat your kettle grill with ½ chimney of hot coals.
- Dry your thawed scallops (if frozen) on a paper towel. If your scallop is wet, you will not get a nice char as water is the enemy of crust. Coat the dried off scallops with a thin coat of cooking oil and sprinkle with a little salt before grilling. And two-thirds of the way into grilling, sprinkle on a good amount of SYD chicken rub. This allows the rub to cook in a bit but without burning.
- Cook the scallops on very hot grill or a carbon steel pan on the grill. You can also do this on a saucepan on your kitchen stove.
4. Wrap your grilled scallops with cooked beef of your choice and fasten with toothpicks. I like brisket or tri tip best to go with my scallops. Sirloin, ribeye, or flank steak is also good.
5. Warm the barbecue sauce and butter in a small pot.
Remove from heat and add lemon juice to taste. Dab some of the lemony barbecue sauce on the scallops