|Total Time Prep.||Prep: 15 min. Grill: 45 min.|
The recipe is courtesy of https://tasteofthehome.com.
If you’re looking online for a blow-your-hair-back barbecue chicken recipe, you might want to give the “Barbecued Picnic Chicken” recipe a try! This smok’in recipe is courtesy of TasteOfHome.com. We’ve included the video recipe as well, for all you non-readers out there. If you’re still stuck using your indoor kitchen, you might want to give Elegant Outdoor Kitchens of Southwest Florida a call. We’ve got you covered within the outdoor living area department. We build beautiful, custom outdoor kitchens that not only look amazing, but they will bring a whole new world of diversity when it comes to your meal plans. Call EOK now at (239) 229-9033!
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3-1/2 to 4 pounds each), cut up
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter until tender. Add the next 8 ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- On a lightly greased grill rack, grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Baste with sauce. Grill 15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reaches 170°, basting and turning several times.
Test Kitchen Tips
- This sauce is best when made a day or two in advance, giving the flavors time to come together.
- If you don’t have chili sauce on hand, you can use 1/4 cup extra ketchup or 1/4 cup cocktail sauce.
- Try this cool-guy move if you don’t have a basting brush: Tie a few sprigs of rosemary or another hearty herb together with twine, then baste with it.
1 piece: 296 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 761mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Best Barbecue Ribs Ever
The 4th of July is tomorrow! As Americans, we celebrate this historical day in remembrance of our Independence. The 4th of July is the day our original thirteen colonies declared our Independence from England. It was the day we officially became a free country. At Elegant Outdoor Kitchens, we feel that it’s our duty to remember. Celebrate the 4th with your family and friends and please take a moment to reflect on the reason we celebrate this day.
In observance of the 4th of July we’re posting another amazing outdoor grilling recipe for you to try. We decided that nothing says the 4th of July better than BBQ Ribs. When it comes to grilling those ribs, having a professional barbecue grill and outdoor kitchen area can make preparing and cooking your meals much easier. Believe it or not, the professional grill brands we sell here at Elegant Outdoor Kitchens are designed for optimal performance. The most common features you’ll benefit from when using a professional grill is the overall BTU output, evenly distributed heat on the grilling surface, infrared burners, rotisserie, and many other upgraded components. Also, the grills we sell have a more than reasonable life span. They’re not grills that you throw out every two years. We just wanted to impart some of our BBQ Master secrets that we’ve learned over the years. When buying a grill, you always get what you paid for.
Best Barbecue Ribs Ever
We found one of the best Barbecue Rib recipes on the Food Network and decided to share. We’re hoping that some of our suggestions will help you decide what you’ll serve for our Independence Day.
Recipe courtesy of Katie Lee