|Total Time Prep.||Prep: 15 min. Grill: 45 min.|
The recipe is courtesy of https://tasteofthehome.com.
If you’re looking online for a blow-your-hair-back barbecue chicken recipe, you might want to give the “Barbecued Picnic Chicken” recipe a try! This smok’in recipe is courtesy of TasteOfHome.com. We’ve included the video recipe as well, for all you non-readers out there. If you’re still stuck using your indoor kitchen, you might want to give Elegant Outdoor Kitchens of Southwest Florida a call. We’ve got you covered within the outdoor living area department. We build beautiful, custom outdoor kitchens that not only look amazing, but they will bring a whole new world of diversity when it comes to your meal plans. Call EOK now at (239) 229-9033!
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3-1/2 to 4 pounds each), cut up
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter until tender. Add the next 8 ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- On a lightly greased grill rack, grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Baste with sauce. Grill 15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reaches 170°, basting and turning several times.
Test Kitchen Tips
- This sauce is best when made a day or two in advance, giving the flavors time to come together.
- If you don’t have chili sauce on hand, you can use 1/4 cup extra ketchup or 1/4 cup cocktail sauce.
- Try this cool-guy move if you don’t have a basting brush: Tie a few sprigs of rosemary or another hearty herb together with twine, then baste with it.
1 piece: 296 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 761mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.