|Total Time Prep.||Prep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.|
Here’s a recipe that’s quick, easy, and extremely delicious! The “Easy Marinated Grilled Flank Steak” is a recipe you can’t go wrong with, especially when it has “easy” in the title. Here at Elegant Outdoor Kitchens, we whole-heartedly understand that sometimes you need a meal that you can prep and put on the grill. This Flank Steak recipe is one of those quickies that the family will love!
The recipe is courtesy of https://tasteofthehome.com.
3 ounces cooked steak with 1-1/2 tablespoons reserved marinade: 195 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 271mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup burgundy wine or beef broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 beef flank steak (2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, whisk barbecue sauce, wine, and lemon juice until blended. Pour 1 cup marinade into a shallow dish. Add beef and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain beef, discarding marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), 6-8 minutes on each side. Let stand 5 minutes before thinly slicing across the grain. Serve with reserved marinade.
The Original TasteOfTheHome.com recipe can be found here.
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups ketchup
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 ½ tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons black pepper
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- Prep: 10 mins
- Total: 10 mins
- Servings: 32
- Yield: 4 cups
In a blender, combine brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, water, and Worcestershire sauce. Season with mustard, paprika, salt, pepper, and hot pepper sauce. Blend until smooth.
This will fill a 32-ounce ketchup bottle exactly. Cut back on the brown sugar to make it less sweet, or add more Worcestershire for more ‘steak sauce’ appeal.
42.7 calories; protein 0.4g 1% DV; carbohydrates 10.2g 3% DV; fat 0.3g 1% DV; cholesterolmg; sodium 278.4mg 11% DV.